20 July 2009

Carter's Party

First, I want to start off by saying that I think it was a huge success. Everything went well, we had beautiful weather, over 100 people were there and seemed to enjoy themselves. All in all, it was... perfect.

I am really upset about one thing though and I wish I could let it go, but I can't. I didn't pull out the Flip video camera not one time. Not one freaking time. I was so busy talking to people, refilling food, making sure the kids were happy, etc that I forgot to video tape it! I wanted to record the kids having fun on the water slide and all the guests singing "Happy Birthday" to Carter. I missed it. Oh well, I have pictures!

Because there is no way to fit it all in one post, I'll start off with the details of the party...

The water slide. Oh, thank gawd for the water slide. It was a huge hit.

Carter before the party started. He just loved sitting there =)


And then my dad decided to start the water with him still in it... I think he liked it.

And so did the kids at the party!

The cake turned out exactly like we pictured, only 1000 times better. It was beautiful and delicious =)
Carter's smash cake...
We put the favor boxes inside Carter's new Radio Flyer wagon from my parents. So cute!
And the table all set up before the party started...
The kiddos loved the baseball cupcakes, which are a lot harder to make than they look!!
The 12 month frame =) Thanks for helping my pick out the pictures everyone!!
Besides the water slide, we had a cotton candy machine and a popcorn machine at the party. It was so cute!
The banners I designed and ordered from Vista Print:
What's a 1st birthday party without a moon bounce? =)
We had Phillies balloons as the centerpieces of all of the tables under the big tent. We also hung baseball and "1st birthday" decorations from the side to make it look even more festive.
Along with the balloon centerpieces, I filled baseball bowls with roasted peanuts and put them on each table. There were peanut shells everywhere, but it was a huge hit!
More posts to come...

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

How exciting! Looks like a great party! Great decorations, also!

~Mrs. JMS~ said...

SQUEAL!!!! I have been waiting for pics. Sorry about the video not getting taken care of.....next time delegate girl!!!!

Great job!!!! You deserve a congrats too....you made it through the 1st year ;)

Bridget said...

It looks like it was so much fun. I am in the middle of all the planning for Oliver's party on the 8th. Oliver's party is not going to be as big, but I can't believe how much planning goes into a 1st bday party! I also love his baseball field cake, we are thinking of something along the same lines.

Also, when did you bake the cupcakes? Me and my sister are planning on doing the same thing, but I am not sure how far in advance we should bake them.

Kimberly said...

Looks like a big, fabulous blowout!!! Try not to beat yourself up over not filming... you do have fantastic photos which will tell the story. I feel for you though. :(

Larissa: said...

YAY! Looks like such a FUN party! Can't wait to see the rest of the pics!

PS: Don't worry about the video camera. You can make up for it next year ;-)

© jenni from the blog, All Rights Reserved.

Designed by A Grande Life