25 February 2010

Sugar and spice and everything nice...

Since our big ultrasound, I've been buying things here and there for baby girl. One of the things I'm most excited about when she gets here {besides meeting my daughter for the first time, seeing her with Bob and Carter, etc.} is her newborn pictures with sg photography. We plan on having them taken within days of coming home from the hospital because I just love that newborn squisyness and want to capture it as soon as humanly possible =)

As I see things that would be great for baby girl, I also think about how they can be incorporated into her pictures. I also want to keep some of the traditions that I had with Carter as well, and I'll explain that below.

Here are just a few of my favorite things {so far!}...I put links & reviews at the bottom of where I purchased everything, in case you're interested.

A girl and her hats.
This first hat I fell in love with as soon as I saw it. I'm a big fan of pink and brown {and blue and brown} so I bought it immediately!
Ummmm, how adorable is THAT!?!
Did you see it? The "Brynn" hat? =)

This hat was a "must have" for her. I bought one for Carter Man to wear in the hospital and it was SUCH a hit! We just loved that he had his own special hat, and no one could forget his name ;)Hehe... so pretty. Oh, and for fun, here's my Carter wearing his in the hospital...
Awwwwww.

A girl and her clothes.
Ruffle Butts. Enough said...
I got these beauties for Brynn's newborn pictures =)
Baby Legs... I love the idea of them and since baby girl will be wearing mostly onsies this summer {as did Carter when he came home from the hospital} Baby Legs are a great thing to just slip on her when she's chilly. Besides that, they're cute as hell...
And last, but certainly not least... Brynn's coming home outfit!!!
Remember this shirt? It's what Carter wore to announce to everyone that we were pregnant!
Well I ordered a matching shirt for Brynn to wear home from the hospital and I absolutely LOVE it. It was yet another "must have"... especially since Carter will be wearing his to the hospital to meet his sister for the first time {awwwwww.}

But now comes the hard part... what pants should she wear?

Brown:
Or Pink:
Hmmm. I think I like the brown much better, but what do you think?

I'm leaning towards this for her to wear home...
Now for the good stuff...

Elf Hat:
I ordered the elf hat on Etsy at a shop called Handmade By Julie. She was awesome to work with. I placed the order on a Monday and had the hat at my house by that Friday. It's absolutely beautiful.

"Brynn" Hat:
When I ordered Carter's hat for the hospital, I made sure to go back and save the link because I just loved it so much. The woman use to have an Ebay shop, but now branched off and created her own online shop full of great things! Her new shop is now located here: Just So Posh.

Ruffle Butts:
Sigh. This website is full of cuteness. I recently placed the order for these, so I haven't received them yet... but I can't wait until I do! I got Brynn's Ruffle Butt's here.

Baby Legs:
Another item that I purchased recently, so I feel like I can't give a full review yet. There is a Baby Leg's website, but I actually scored big time with these and got both pairs of Baby Legs off of Mama Bargain's for $12 total! Keep checking that site, because they list new item's everyday!

Big Bro | Lil Sis Shirts:
I honestly can not say enough good things about Rachel from Golden Shop. I first contacted her last April to order Carter's first birthday shirt and I just fell in love with her... and her work. She has really become a good friend and she is such a sweet person. She's also expecting baby #2 in September... YAY! I highly, HIGHLY recommend her.

Lastly... did you notice all the pink?? I'm trying, people... I really am.

post signature

13 comments:

Karla said...

Love all the purchases, I've been girl-shopping crazy myself! :) My vote would be for the pink pants, but just because I got my fill of the brown with Carmine...I gotta get in all the pink I can!

Jessica said...

I love it all! I may need to look into some of these for our little girl. I vote pink pants for Brynn's coming home outfit, I like the way it looks better. :)

Katie said...

Oh everything is too cute! I love, love the ruffle butts and am a HUGE fan of baby legs. Did you see the new baseball and soccer ones they just came out with?! Adorable!

J-Berg said...

Hello, my name is Jessica, and I'm addicted to your blog.
I love all of your great ideas and product reccomendations.
My husband and I plan to start having children soon. Your blog has been so helpful.

You're the best!

LKV said...

i love it!! all that pink and brown is just adorable. And those ruffled pants- SOO CUTE!!

Brittany said...

Hi there! I'm new to your blog - found you through A Grande Life :)

All your picks for baby girl are precious! My favorite is definitely those baby legs - they are super cute! And the Big Bro and Lil Sis shirts are great. I'm sure they will make for some awesome photos.

Anonymous said...

Love it all! I purchased Landon's big bro shirt at Gymboree but didn't buy the matching lil bro because I didn't know boy or girl yet. Now they don't have any left of the matching lil bro! I may just have to order new ones for the hospital.

Love the hat, ruffle butts and baby legs! I think Brynn should come home in the pink pants :)

Steph said...

Can't wait for her newborn session! Love everything that you have planned.

Anonymous said...

Just something I discovered, but you can buy BabyLegs (or a knockoff) at Target for $3 a pair :)

MrsKBJ said...

So cute!! I love it all!! Girls are so much fun!

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the recommendation of the first hat. I just ordered one in purple and brown. Can't wait to use it during our newborn shoot.

casey aubut said...

Happy Friday Follow! I am a new follower!

Hope to see you over at my blog too!

http://aubutfamily.blogspot.com

Xenia said...

I was just going to stop by to tell you that I'm following you from Friday Follow, but your blog sucked me in! I love the way you write as a train of thought...

I have two girls and the pink never gets old! Have fun shopping... and dressing them in cute little dresses is almost just as fun :)

http://www.thanksmailcarrier.com

© jenni from the blog, All Rights Reserved.

Designed by A Grande Life